Dipsy is the second Teletubby with an antenna that refers to a dipstick because of his name.
Dipsy's skin tone is slightly darker than the other Teletubbies, implying that he is black. He is jolly and likes talking to himself. He wears a white hat with black cow spots.
Dipsy is 8 feet tall and is green. He calls his hat "Dipsy 'Hat" which is how a toddler would say "My Hat." Dipsy is quite stubborn, sarcastic, and contemptuous, and will sometimes refuse to go along with the other Teletubbies' group opinion. He once lost his hat but Laa-Laa found it. He is the second oldest Teletubby after Tinky Winky and he is quite intelligent and mature. He often hangs out with Laa-Laa and Tinky-Winky and is played by John Simmit in the original series and Nick Chee Ping Kellington in the new series.
He enjoys playing fun games with the other Teletubbies. In most of the episodes, he can be seen wearing his hat while playing with Tinky Winky, Laa-Laa, and Po while doing any activity they are doing in Teletubbyland. In some episodes, he sometimes plays by himself when nobody is around.
Thomas & FriendsEdit
- 2020 - The Secret of the Cave Treasure
- 1997/2001, 2015 - Teletubbies
- 2020 - Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway
- The Secret of the Cave Treasure - I'm Alive and Take Me To The Other Side
- John Simmit (UK/US; Original Teletubbies, The Secret of the Cave Treasure)
- Nick Kellington (UK/US; Reboot Teletubbies)
- The sound Dipsy's bottom makes was used in the 1952 Mickey Mouse cartoon Pluto's Christmas Tree.
- The sound Dipsy's bottom makes was also used in the Nintendo 64 game Donkey Kong 64.
- He is the second tallest tubby.